Your question

My financial circumstances have changed and I am finding it hard to pay my rent. Is there any way I can get financial help?

Your answer

Yes, there are various ways to source help, the most important being:

  • Applying for Universal Credit/Benefit
  • Applying to your Local Authority for assistance, and
  • Obtaining grant aid.

See our two articles below which have further information and sources of help:

Free guide

A Guide to getting Financial Assistance

Various sources of help for tenants in financial difficulty

10 – 17 minutes to read

Free guide

Claiming Universal Credit

Explanation and guide

4 – 7 minutes to read


No account yet? Register

Didn’t find your answer? Search again:

Search Articles

Would you like to speak to a solicitor about this?

A simple and straightforward way for you to get up to 1/2 hours telephone advice from a specialist landlord and tenant solicitor.

Tenant telephone advice