Check Your Occupation Type – Private – Wales
Housing Law in Wales
On 1 December 2022, the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 will come into force (or will have come into force depending on when you read this) which will radically change housing law in Wales.
Note that most of the content on this site was written at a time when there were few differences between England and Wales. We will be reviewing the content but in the meantime, if you are in Wales, treat the content with caution unless it specifically refers to Welsh law.
Note also that with the new laws come new terminology as follows:
Welsh v. English terminology
- Occupation contract: tenancy or license
- Written statement (of occupation contract); Tenancy or license agreement
- Dwelling (sometimes referred to as ‘home’): the property being let
- Contract holder: tenant or licensee
- Occupation date: the date the contract starts
- Term: clause or section in the written statement
If you require telephone advice and decide to use our service, you should select Newbold Solicitors who are a Welsh firm.