Showing answers for Private Occupation. Switch to Social

Check Your Occupation Type – Private

Question 1:

Is the property let just for residential accommodation (i.e. what lawyers call a ‘dwelling house’)?

By ‘residential accommodation’ we mean property rented out just for you (and maybe others) to live in.

If the property rented to you 

  • Includes commercial premises – for example, if you are renting a shop with accommodation, or
  • If you are renting a farm or some form of agricultural tenancy

Click the ‘no’ button

If the property 

  • Is just residential
  • Even if you share that property with other people

Click the ‘yes’ button below